Gregory Kielma • May 17, 2025
The boy allegedly drew a map of the school that he attended and labeled it 'suicide route.'

The Face of an EVIL Mother: 33-year-old Ashley Pardo.
33-year-old Ashley Pardo.
The boy allegedly drew a map of the school that he attended and labeled it 'suicide route.'
Paul Sacca
May 16, 2025
A Texas mother provided her 13-year-old son with ammunition and tactical gear despite the fact that he was exhibiting violent tendencies, according to court documents.
Officers with the San Antonio Police Department on Monday arrested 33-year-old Ashley Pardo. She was charged with aiding in the commission of terrorism after she allegedly provided ammunition and tactical gear to her son.
The boy described a 'fascination with past mass shooters' and their 'manifestos,' according to the affidavit.
Pardo was released Tuesday on a bond of $75,000, according to jail records.
Sign up for the Blaze newsletter signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, and agree to receive content that may sometimes include advertisements. You may opt out at any time.
In January, officials at Rhodes Middle School in San Antonio became concerned over the boy's "violent expressions and drawings," according to an affidavit obtained by CBS News.
The boy allegedly drew a map of the school that he attended and labeled it “suicide route.” He also wrote the name of the school beside a rifle, the affidavit stated.
When interrogated by school officials about the alarming drawings, the boy described a "fascination with past mass shooters" and their "manifestos," according to the affidavit.
However, his mother reportedly defended her boy's alleged violent expressions.
"It has been expressed to the defendant the concerns of her child's expression and desire to commit acts of mass violence," the affidavit said of Pardo. "The defendant expressed to the school her support of (her son's) violent expressions and drawings and does not feel concerned for his behavior."
Then in April, school administrators suspended the boy after it was discovered he had been using a "school-issued computer" to read about the 2019 mass shootings at two mosques which claimed the lives of 51 people in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Later that day, the boy “attempted suicide with a straight razor, causing significant injuries and requiring over 100 stitches," according to the New York Post.
The middle schooler also had been staying with his grandmother "on various occasions."
KHOU-TV reported that the grandmother on Monday contacted police after she witnessed her grandson "hitting a live bullet with a hammer."
The boy allegedly told his grandmother he received the bullet from his mother and that Pardo had "guns and ammunition at her house," according to the document.
The grandmother told investigators that Pardo had been taking the boy to a local surplus store and bought him magazines, a tactical black vest "capable of concealing ballistic plates," a tactical black helmet, and Army clothing, according to ABC News. The mother allegedly purchased the ammo and tactical gear for her son as a reward for babysitting his sibling.
The boy on Monday told his grandmother that he was "going to be famous."
The grandmother then investigated the boy's bedroom and found magazines loaded with live rifle ammunition and pistol magazines loaded with live ammo, the affidavit stated.
The grandmother also allegedly found an "improvised explosive device," described as a mortar-style firework wrapped in duct tape. The affidavit said the IED had the words "For Brenton Tarrant," referencing the shooter in the 2019 mosque attack.
The IED also allegedly had references to Nazis on it.
Multiple "SS" symbols referencing Schutzstaffel — a paramilitary organization in the Nazi Party — reportedly were on the explosive. Also the term "14 words" allegedly was on the IED, which references white supremacy.
The grandmother also found a handwritten note referring to previous mass shootings and the number of victims in each incident, the affidavit said.
Pardo "has been aware of threats made by [her son]" but was "dismissive" in conversations with local law enforcement, child protective services, and school officials, according to the affidavit.
On Monday, Pardo's son arrived at school wearing a camouflage jacket, a mask, and tactical pants, according to an affidavit. He allegedly left the campus shortly after arriving.
Rhodes Middle School principal Felismina Martinez said in a Monday letter to parents that the boy was "detained off-campus and is being charged with terrorism."
"Please know we take all potential threats seriously and act immediately to protect everyone in our care," Martinez stated in the letter. "We will always remain vigilant to ensure our learning and working environment is safe and secure."
Police said the middle school student was planning "mass targeted violence."
The boy is being detained at the Bexar County Juvenile Detention Facility pending a judge's decision, according to police.
Pardo is set to appear in court for a pre-indictment hearing on July 17.
Previously, Academy Award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey called for an end to school shootings.
"We cannot exhale once again, make excuses, and accept these tragic realities as the status quo," McConaughey declared.
McConaughey urged Americans to "rearrange our values" to find common ground to change the "devastating American reality that has tragically become our children’s issue."
“This is an epidemic we can control, and whichever side of the aisle we may stand on, we all know we can do better," the actor continued. "We must do better."
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

About Edward Bailey: Why We Should Support Edward Bailey for Manatee County Commissioner, District 2
Why We Should Support Edward Bailey for Manatee County Commissioner, District 2

Being Prepared for the 2026 Hurricane Season By Gregory Kielma, Tactical K Training & Firearms The 2026 Hurricane Season is shaping up to be another year where preparation isn’t optional it’s essential. Florida has seen record heat, rising insurance pressures, rapid population growth, and increasingly unpredictable storm behavior. None of that is meant to create fear. It’s meant to reinforce a simple truth: preparedness gives you control, confidence, and options when the weather turns. Whether you’re protecting a home, a business, or a family, the goal is the same build layers of readiness before the first storm forms. Start With Awareness and a Plan Storms don’t give you time to “figure it out later.” Your plan should be written, practiced, and known by everyone in the household or workplace. Key elements of a solid plan: Where will you go if evacuation becomes necessary Multiple routes out of your area A communication plan if cell networks fail A designated out‑of‑state contact A plan for pets, elderly family members, and anyone with medical needs For businesses, include: Who secures the building Who handles digital backups Who communicates closures and reopening A plan removes panic. It replaces it with action. Strengthen Your Home or Business Before the First Storm Florida structures take a beating every year. Small improvements now prevent major losses later. Exterior protection: Inspect your roof for loose shingles or soft spots Clear gutters and drainage paths Trim trees and remove dead limbs Install or test shutters Reinforce garage doors—one of the most common failure points Interior protection: Surge protection for critical electronics Elevate valuables and important documents Know how to shut off water, power, and gas If you own a business, walk your property as if you were a storm: What can break? What can blow away? What can flood? Fix those points now. Build a Realistic, Usable Supply Kit For Your Home or Business A hurricane kit isn’t about stockpiling, it’s about independence. After a major storm, help may take hours or days to reach your area. For homes and families: Water: 1 gallon per person per day (minimum 3–7 days) Non‑perishable food Medications and medical supplies Flashlights, headlamps, and batteries Battery bank for phones First aid kit Copies of important documents Cash in small bills Tools, gloves, tarps, duct tape For businesses: Backup power for essential systems Printed employee contact lists Hard copies of insurance documents A plan for securing inventory and equipment Preparedness isn’t about fear it’s about not being dependent on luck. Protect Your Digital Life In 2026, digital readiness is just as important as physical readiness. Back up important files to the cloud and an external drive Photograph your home, business, and valuables for insurance Store digital copies of IDs, insurance policies, and receipts Keep chargers, power banks, and a small solar panel if possible When the power goes out, your digital preparation keeps you moving. Understand Post‑Storm Safety Most injuries happen after the storm, not during it. Be cautious with: Downed power lines Flooded roads Carbon monoxide from generators Unstable structures Contaminated water If you evacuated, don’t rush home. Wait for official clearance. Your safety comes first. Mindset: Prepared, Not Paranoid Preparedness is a discipline, not a reaction. It’s the same mindset we teach in every Tactical K class awareness, planning, and responsible action. A hurricane is a natural event. Your response is a choice. When you prepare early, you protect: Your family Your property Your business Your peace of mind And you set an example for your community. Kielma’s Parting Shot The 2026 Hurricane Season will bring challenges, just like every season. But Floridians are resilient, and preparation is part of our way of life. Start now. Strengthen your home, your business, and your plan. Build your layers of safety before the first storm forms. If you need help building a plan, creating a checklist, or preparing your family or business, Tactical K Training is here to support you with practical, real‑world guidance.

Convicted Felon Sentenced to 87 Months in Trafficking Nine Firearms, Including to Buyer Who Said He Was ‘At War’ Thursday, April 30, 2026 U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia WASHINGTON - Brandon Smith, 34, a previously convicted felon residing in the District of Columbia, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court to 87 months in prison for conspiring to traffic at least nine firearms to a prohibited buyer over the course of six months, announced U.S. Attorney Jeanine Ferris Pirro. “Brandon Smith was already on supervised probation for a violent felony when he chose to traffic firearms, and he continued even after being told the buyer intended to use them for violence,” said U.S. Attorney Pirro. “Over the course of six months, he arranged the sale of at least nine guns—including one with an obliterated serial number—to a prohibited individual. This was not a momentary lapse in judgment, but a sustained and deliberate effort to arm someone who could not legally possess firearms. My office remains committed to holding accountable those who endanger our communities by trafficking illegal guns.” On Jan. 9, 2026, Smith pleaded guilty before Judge Howell to conspiracy to commit trafficking in firearms. In addition to the 87-month prison term, Judge Howell ordered Smith to serve three years of supervised release. Federal prosecutors had requested a 108-month prison term. According to court papers, beginning in November 2023, ATF opened an investigation after a confidential source reported that Smith, then on supervised probation for a violent felony, was actively advertising firearms for sale by texting photographs of guns to prospective buyers, including individuals with prior felony convictions. During the next six months, Smith sold or arranged the sale of nine firearms to a buyer on six separate occasions. During the transactions, Smith sold his own personal carry firearm on multiple occasions when a supplier failed to deliver, then purchased a replacement for himself afterward. In early January 2024, as Smith and the buyer discussed an upcoming transaction, the buyer told Smith he needed the firearms because he was “at war” after his cousin had been killed. Smith proceeded with the sale. The buyer had also told Smith he was serving a criminal justice sentence at the time of the transactions. Smith acknowledged that he, too, was “on papers.” Smith arranged a total of six transactions from Nov. 30, 2023, through May 30, 2024, resulting in the sale of nine firearms. At least one of the firearms had its serial number obliterated. On Oct. 26, 2024, MPD officers conducted a traffic stop on the 1600 block of 16th Street SE and found Smith in the front passenger seat of a parked vehicle. Officers observed open containers of alcohol and discovered a satchel at his feet. Inside the satchel, in plain view, was a loaded Glock Model 19X 9mm handgun with a round in the chamber and 16 additional rounds in the magazine. The bag also contained a bank card and government-issued identification in Smith’s name. Smith has prior convictions for Simple Assault (2011), Attempted Robbery (2013), and Robbery and Possession of a Firearm during a Crime of Violence (2016), for which he was sentenced to five years in prison. He was serving a term of supervised probation from the 2016 conviction at the time of the firearms trafficking conspiracy. This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Washington Field Office, and the Metropolitan Police Department. The matter was prosecuted by Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Brendan M. Horan. Convicted Felon Sentenced to 87 Months in Trafficking

















