Gregory Kielma • October 30, 2025

Glock Confirms V Series, Discontinues Gen 4 & Gen 5 Pistols

Glock Confirms V Series, Discontinues Gen 4 & Gen 5 Pistols


Austrian gun company Glock revealed company plans to discontinue a large portion of its pistols starting in November.

Glock issued a statement on October 21, 2025, regarding the leak of the company’s plans. “Yesterday, a retailer NOT affiliated with GLOCK Inc. made premature statements concerning the availability of certain GLOCK pistols. The individuals making these representations are not authorized to speak for GLOCK.

As part of GLOCK’s commitment to future innovations, we are making necessary updates to our product line to align with upcoming offerings. Our dedication continues to be with maintaining the highest level of quality, reliability, and accessibility that you expect from GLOCK.

The GLOCK V Series is here to establish a baseline of products while simplifying our processes.”

According to the company, V models will be available December 2025 and will include the following models:
• G17 V
• G19 V
• G19X V
• G45 V
• G26 V
• G20 V MOS
• G23 V
• G23 V MOS
• G21 V MOS
• G44 V

Glock also said that distributor exclusive models will be available, including:
• G19C V
• G45C V
• G17C V
• G19X V MOS TB

Glock Store posted about Glock’s plans on social media, saying they’d received word that all Glocks will soon be discontinued except for the Glock 43, 43X, and 48X.

Glock G19
According to Glock Store, the discontinued models will be usurped by all new Glock models known as “V Models.”
The newer pistols will not come in MOS formats upon launch but will include features that prevent Glock pistols from being used along with switch conversion kits that make them full auto.

Glock 17 converted to full-auto
Tactical K Training and Firearms reached out to Glock for comment but received no word by the time of publishing. We confirmed with multiple sources close to the company, though, that they too have been informed that starting November 30, 2025, Glock will stop shipping the discontinued models.

That said, Glock’s own webpage lists popular models like the Glock 17, Glock 17 MOS, Glock 19 Gen 4, and more as discontinued. According to the page, the decision to cut models out of the lineup was a strategic one.

“In order to focus on the products that will drive future innovation and growth, we are making a strategic decision to reduce our current commercial portfolio,” the company said. “This streamlined approach allows us to concentrate on continuing to deliver the highest-quality and most relevant solutions for the market.”

Though Glock says the move is to provide a more focused lineup for consumers, California just announced last week that it was banning the sale of pistols that could be converted to “machineguns” — effectively putting an end to sales on most Glock pistols and Glock clones in the state.

Though Glock appears to be discontinuing some pistols, it does say support will remain for owners of discontinued models.

By Gregory Kielma May 13, 2026
Why We Should Support Edward Bailey for Manatee County Commissioner, District 2
By Gregory Kielma May 13, 2026
John Dunn: A Grassroots Candidate Enters the Manatee County Commission Race
By Gregory Kielma May 13, 2026
Manatee County and Florida Your Vote Matters
By Gregory Kielma May 9, 2026
DOJ Announces Rulemaking Package Aimed At Protecting Second Amendment Freedoms
By Gregory Kielma May 8, 2026
Why Every Home Should Have a Firearm for Personal Protection
By Gregory Kielma May 4, 2026
3d Printed Firearms What are They and Are they Legal? Let's take a look
By Gregory Kielma May 4, 2026
Does CNN Not like Firearms? Let's Take a LOOK
By Gregory Kielma May 3, 2026
Being Prepared for the 2026 Hurricane Season By Gregory Kielma, Tactical K Training & Firearms The 2026 Hurricane Season is shaping up to be another year where preparation isn’t optional it’s essential. Florida has seen record heat, rising insurance pressures, rapid population growth, and increasingly unpredictable storm behavior. None of that is meant to create fear. It’s meant to reinforce a simple truth: preparedness gives you control, confidence, and options when the weather turns. Whether you’re protecting a home, a business, or a family, the goal is the same build layers of readiness before the first storm forms. Start With Awareness and a Plan Storms don’t give you time to “figure it out later.” Your plan should be written, practiced, and known by everyone in the household or workplace. Key elements of a solid plan: Where will you go if evacuation becomes necessary Multiple routes out of your area A communication plan if cell networks fail A designated out‑of‑state contact A plan for pets, elderly family members, and anyone with medical needs For businesses, include: Who secures the building Who handles digital backups Who communicates closures and reopening A plan removes panic. It replaces it with action. Strengthen Your Home or Business Before the First Storm Florida structures take a beating every year. Small improvements now prevent major losses later. Exterior protection: Inspect your roof for loose shingles or soft spots Clear gutters and drainage paths Trim trees and remove dead limbs Install or test shutters Reinforce garage doors—one of the most common failure points Interior protection: Surge protection for critical electronics Elevate valuables and important documents Know how to shut off water, power, and gas If you own a business, walk your property as if you were a storm: What can break? What can blow away? What can flood? Fix those points now. Build a Realistic, Usable Supply Kit For Your Home or Business A hurricane kit isn’t about stockpiling, it’s about independence. After a major storm, help may take hours or days to reach your area. For homes and families: Water: 1 gallon per person per day (minimum 3–7 days) Non‑perishable food Medications and medical supplies Flashlights, headlamps, and batteries Battery bank for phones First aid kit Copies of important documents Cash in small bills Tools, gloves, tarps, duct tape For businesses: Backup power for essential systems Printed employee contact lists Hard copies of insurance documents A plan for securing inventory and equipment Preparedness isn’t about fear it’s about not being dependent on luck. Protect Your Digital Life In 2026, digital readiness is just as important as physical readiness. Back up important files to the cloud and an external drive Photograph your home, business, and valuables for insurance Store digital copies of IDs, insurance policies, and receipts Keep chargers, power banks, and a small solar panel if possible When the power goes out, your digital preparation keeps you moving. Understand Post‑Storm Safety Most injuries happen after the storm, not during it. Be cautious with: Downed power lines Flooded roads Carbon monoxide from generators Unstable structures Contaminated water If you evacuated, don’t rush home. Wait for official clearance. Your safety comes first. Mindset: Prepared, Not Paranoid Preparedness is a discipline, not a reaction. It’s the same mindset we teach in every Tactical K class awareness, planning, and responsible action. A hurricane is a natural event. Your response is a choice. When you prepare early, you protect: Your family Your property Your business Your peace of mind And you set an example for your community. Kielma’s Parting Shot The 2026 Hurricane Season will bring challenges, just like every season. But Floridians are resilient, and preparation is part of our way of life. Start now. Strengthen your home, your business, and your plan. Build your layers of safety before the first storm forms. If you need help building a plan, creating a checklist, or preparing your family or business, Tactical K Training is here to support you with practical, real‑world guidance.
By Gregory Kielma May 3, 2026
Why You Should Never Travel Through High Water
By Gregory Kielma May 2, 2026
Convicted Felon Sentenced to 87 Months in Trafficking Nine Firearms, Including to Buyer Who Said He Was ‘At War’ Thursday, April 30, 2026 U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Columbia WASHINGTON - Brandon Smith, 34, a previously convicted felon residing in the District of Columbia, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court to 87 months in prison for conspiring to traffic at least nine firearms to a prohibited buyer over the course of six months, announced U.S. Attorney Jeanine Ferris Pirro. “Brandon Smith was already on supervised probation for a violent felony when he chose to traffic firearms, and he continued even after being told the buyer intended to use them for violence,” said U.S. Attorney Pirro. “Over the course of six months, he arranged the sale of at least nine guns—including one with an obliterated serial number—to a prohibited individual. This was not a momentary lapse in judgment, but a sustained and deliberate effort to arm someone who could not legally possess firearms. My office remains committed to holding accountable those who endanger our communities by trafficking illegal guns.” On Jan. 9, 2026, Smith pleaded guilty before Judge Howell to conspiracy to commit trafficking in firearms. In addition to the 87-month prison term, Judge Howell ordered Smith to serve three years of supervised release. Federal prosecutors had requested a 108-month prison term. According to court papers, beginning in November 2023, ATF opened an investigation after a confidential source reported that Smith, then on supervised probation for a violent felony, was actively advertising firearms for sale by texting photographs of guns to prospective buyers, including individuals with prior felony convictions. During the next six months, Smith sold or arranged the sale of nine firearms to a buyer on six separate occasions. During the transactions, Smith sold his own personal carry firearm on multiple occasions when a supplier failed to deliver, then purchased a replacement for himself afterward. In early January 2024, as Smith and the buyer discussed an upcoming transaction, the buyer told Smith he needed the firearms because he was “at war” after his cousin had been killed. Smith proceeded with the sale. The buyer had also told Smith he was serving a criminal justice sentence at the time of the transactions. Smith acknowledged that he, too, was “on papers.” Smith arranged a total of six transactions from Nov. 30, 2023, through May 30, 2024, resulting in the sale of nine firearms. At least one of the firearms had its serial number obliterated. On Oct. 26, 2024, MPD officers conducted a traffic stop on the 1600 block of 16th Street SE and found Smith in the front passenger seat of a parked vehicle. Officers observed open containers of alcohol and discovered a satchel at his feet. Inside the satchel, in plain view, was a loaded Glock Model 19X 9mm handgun with a round in the chamber and 16 additional rounds in the magazine. The bag also contained a bank card and government-issued identification in Smith’s name. Smith has prior convictions for Simple Assault (2011), Attempted Robbery (2013), and Robbery and Possession of a Firearm during a Crime of Violence (2016), for which he was sentenced to five years in prison. He was serving a term of supervised probation from the 2016 conviction at the time of the firearms trafficking conspiracy. This investigation was conducted by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Washington Field Office, and the Metropolitan Police Department. The matter was prosecuted by Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Brendan M. Horan. Convicted Felon Sentenced to 87 Months in Trafficking